The Jackson County Board of Supervisors proclaimed a Declaration of Local Emergency, Monday, October 26th, 2020, in advance of then Tropical Storm Zeta. Tropical Storm, Hurricane, and Storm Surge Warnings are in effect for Southeast Louisiana and Southern Mississippi. Forecasters are predicting strong winds, heavy rain, the possibility of flash flooding, storm surge, and tornadoes.
In preparation of the impending bad weather associated with Tropical Storm Zeta, the following precautions have been set forth in Jackson County:
HURRICANE SHELTER TO OPEN
The Vancleave Hurricane Shelter, located at 5500 Ball Park Road, will open at 3:00PM on Wednesday, October 28, 2020.
RECREATION FACILITY CLOSURES
All recreation facilities, to include parks, ballfields, and arenas are closed as of today.
All athletic (and otherwise) practices and games have been cancelled or postponed.
SANDBAG LOCATIONS (Self-Serve, please bring a shovel)
- Ocean Springs - Public Works Department, 712 A Pine Drive
- Moss Point - New Central Fire Station, 4204 Bellview Street
- Gautier - Behind City Hall, Highway 90
- Pascagoula - Jackson County Fairgrounds, 2902 Shortcut Rd
- West Division Roads Department - N. Washington Avenue (Hwy. 609), Ocean Springs
- Central Division Roads Dept - 8500 Jim Ramsey Road, Vancleave
- East Division Roads Department - 10825 Hwy. 63, Moss Point
- Forts Lake Fire Department - 10701 Forts Lake Road, Moss Point
- Escatawpa Fire Station - 3801 Sentinel Dr, Moss Point
- Fontainebleau Fire Department - 3901 Hwy. 57 South, Ocean Springs
- St. Andrews Fire Department - 1401 Elm Street, Ocean Springs
Residents are encouraged to follow the Jackson County Government Facebook page for updates as details become available. Residents are also advised to begin storm preparations.