On Monday, April 27, the Jackson County Tax Collector and Tax Assessor Offices, in both Ocean Springs and Pascagoula, reopened to the public for specific services only. Residents who visit the offices in person will be asked to follow social distancing guidelines such as maintaining a distance of 6 feet between each other.
The Tax Collector Offices is open to process new vehicle and mobile home registrations only. The offices have been closed since April 6 while new tempered safety glass was installed along the service counters. They will effective date registrations and waive the penalties for those affected by the closure. Office hours are 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and close from noon until 1 p.m. for lunch. The lines are expected to be long so residents are encouraged to visit the website Vehicle Registration Webpage for a list of items to bring. In addition, due to the high volume of calls, please refrain from leaving multiple messages which will allow the staff to return calls as efficiently as possible.
Vehicle (car tag) renewals and property tax payments will continue to be processed by one of the following methods:
- Online – http://www.deltacomputersystems.com/MS/MS30/INDEX.HTML
- By mail – Be sure to include your renewal or property tax card and a phone number where you can be reached.
- By phone – Call 228-769-3074 with a debit or visa card. Please have your tag number (for vehicles) or your PPIN number (for property taxes) ready when you call.
- Drop Box – Located under the building in Pascagoula. Large red mail box marked Drop Box for Tax Collector.
The Tax Assessor Office is open to process Homestead Exemption Applications only. As a reminder the application deadline was extended to May 1 (from April 1). All other business should continue to be handled by phone (228-769-3070), fax (228-769-3005), email or regular mail. The Homestead Exemption Pre-Application Form as well as a list of Documents Needed to File can be found on the Tax Assessor’s Webpage. Forms are at the bottom of the page.
Addresses for Offices:
- Pascagoula Office - 2915 Canty Street
- Ocean Springs Office - 6912 Washington Avenue
- Mailing Address - P.O. Box 998, Pascagoula, MS 39568
Click on the “Jackson County Services related to COVID-19” at the top of the page for the most recent information regarding other County Services.