In accordance with the Governor’s Statewide Shelter-In-Place Order (issued April 1), the Jackson County Board of Supervisors asks that all residents stay home unless you have an essential reason for going out. Likewise, we ask that all businesses abide by the guidelines outlined in the order.
Beginning Friday, April 3 at 5p.m., all Jackson County beaches will close and restaurants will be required to only serve take-out, drive-through, and delivery. County maintained athletic fields, parks/playgrounds, Whispering Pines Golf Course, and community centers have been, and will remain, closed.
Shelter-in-Place FAQs: Visit https://www.msema.org/news/covid-19-frequently-asked-questions-answers/ (MEMA) for detailed information regarding the order, and what type of businesses are considered essential.
Other County Services: For updated information regarding County services and contacts, as well as on-line forms and services, click visit our COVID-19 Information page. Please call the offices BEFORE you travel, as most offices are now closed to the public with services only being handled over the phone or online.
Confirmed Changes Beginning Monday, April 6:
- The Tax Collector’s offices will be closed to the public.
- Contact number is 228-769-3074, Call between 8 a.m. - noon and 1 p.m. -4:30 p.m.
- Tag Renewals and property Tax Payments can be processed/paid online, via phone, mail, or dropbox
- New Vehicle Registration and Mobile Home Registrations are postponed until the office reopens.
- Penalty fees will be waived for registration payments due while the office is closed.
- Penalty fees will not be waived for registration payments that were due prior to the office closure (April 6).
- The Animal Shelter will remain closed to the public
- Adoptions will be by Appointment ONLY on Monday, Wednesday, Friday by calling 228-497-6350 between 10am-4pm
- Available animals will be posted on the Jackson County Animal Shelter’s Facebook Page
- Landfill and Roadside Rubbish Pick-up – 228-872-8340 - Office closed to public
The regularly scheduled Board Meeting on Monday, April 6 at 9 a.m. will be broadcast live on the Jackson County, Mississippi facebook page.