In observance of Christmas and New Year’s, most Jackson County offices will be closed Tuesday, December 24 – Wednesday, December 25 and Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
Exceptions and additions to holiday schedule changes include:
- The County Landfill on Seaman Road will be CLOSED December 23- 26 and December 30-January 1
- Waste Management (garbage and recycling services) – no service on Christmas Day (12/25/19) and New Year’s Day (1/1/20) so all services will run one day behind
For Holiday Garbage Collection Schedule/View Flyer
- The County’s Whispering Pines Golf Course will be OPEN most of the holiday with the following exceptions:
- Dec. 24 & Dec. 31 – OPEN – last tee time is 11 a.m. (close at noon)
- Dec. 25 & Jan. 1 – CLOSED
- Dec. 26 – OPENS at 1 p.m.
- Tee times are required and can be made by calling 228-588-6111 or online at wpgolfcourse.com
County offices will all be open with their regular schedules on December 23, 26-27, 30-31, 2019 and January 2-3, 2020. The first Board of Supervisors meeting of 2020 will be at 9 am on Monday, Jan. 6.
Although offices will be closed, residents can take care of some official business through the County’s website, www.co.jackson.ms.us.