NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
CONCERNING REDISTRICTING FOR JACKSON COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Jackson County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing to give citizens of the county an opportunity to provide input into the process of redistricting for the board of Supervisors, Election Commissioners, Justice Court Judges and Constables. This public hearing shall be held for the specific purpose of enabling the public to comment on the proposed redistricting process.
The public hearing will be held on the date and at the location as follows:
Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
2915 Canty Street
Pascagoula, Mississippi 39567
This hearing is provided to afford the public an opportunity to participate in the redistricting process. In addition, any member of the public may submit any documentation to the Jackson County Board of Supervisors, which will be made a part of the record for this public hearing. You are invited to attend this hearing and offer input into the redistricting process for Jackson County. The hearing will also be livestreamed on the County's Facebook page which can be accessed via the County's website (www.co.jackson.ms.us ).
View the DRAFT Versions of the Proposed Redistricting Maps (maps that will be used during Public Hearing)
- Supervisors and Election Commissioners (10MB PDF)
NOTE: This map includes the proposed district lines AND the current districts
- Justice Court Judges and Constables (14MB PDF)
NOTE: This map includes ONLY the proposed/draft district lines for these positions, please see instructions below to view current lines*
- *To View Current Districts for Justice Court Judges and Constable Districts:
- Visit the County's Webmapping website: https://webmap.co.jackson.ms.us/
- Select the "Layer List" icon at the bottom of the page
- From the Layer List, Click the dropdown arrow for "Political Districts"
- Check the boxes on or off next to the district options